Monday, October 7, 2013

The Plan!


    Greetings friend, thank you for reading my temporarily boring blog.  I promise if you do not give up on checking back now and then the reading will become more interesting.  Recently, through a family member exposed me to the teachings and diet plan of Dr. Joel Fuhrman.

   I decided not to weigh myself all the time and count calories all the time and be subject to the emotional mountaintops and valleys of that adventure.  Instead, I will make healthier choices and follow the basics of Dr. Fuhrman’s teachings.  In addition, I will put to use, finally, my Nutribullet and start drinking a detox drink every morning.  The only hindrance to my plan is the fact that I am on a very low-income form disability. I know, if I am serious then, NO EXSCUSES! 

   Thus, here is the basic idea on what to eat from the plan daily.

ü  ½ Cup of Beans

ü  3 Fresh fruits

ü  1oz. Raw Nuts & Seeds (1 tbsp. Seeds daily)

ü  1 Large Salad as a main dish

ü  1 Double Portion of Steamed Green Vegies

ü  Mushrooms or ½ Cup Onions

The whole idea is to eat raw and get away completely from processed foods!

There are recipes that Dr. Fuhrman provides with various other ingredients.  He also shows you how to make your salad dressing. As for me, I found something that is very simple that I love very much on a salad, which is Fresh squeezed Lime Juice! Mmmmm… soooo Gooood!  I am drooling now!

As for my Nutribullet Detox project:

ü  1 Apple

ü  1 Pear

ü  Pineapple

ü  Spinach

ü  Water

Something new that my beautiful boss recently exposed me to, thank you Jonda Marshall, is Infused water with fresh fruit.  Does not that sound delicious?

Here are their benefits to help with detoxification energy and hydration.

put as much fruit in water as you like and let the water sit for at least 30 minutes before drinking

 

ü  Green tea, mint, lime-fat burning, digestion, headaches, congestion and breath freshener.

ü  Strawberry,kiwi-cardiovascular health, immune system protection, blood sugar regulation, digestion.

ü  Cucumber, lime, lemon- water weight management, bloating, appetite control, hydration, digestion .

ü  Lemon, lime, orange- digestion vitamin C, immune defense, heartburn.

ü  (drink this one at room temperature)

 

Do not keep longer than 48 hours you can put more water using the same fruit, but discard after 48 hours.

Now, I must point out she shared this with me off a post from her Facebook.  In other words, thank you to who shared that and to its creator. Ms. Marshall nor do I accept any credit (or Liability) for the above recipes concerning the infused water drinks.   

On that note, I so plan to use the recipes to boost immunity every day along with the congestion recipes since fall and winter are knocking on the door.  I had pneumonia about a year ago and I refuse to get it again!  I am already ahead on defense against that because, thank God Almighty in Heaven, He delivered me cold turkey from cigarettes! 

I must note that after only two days of somewhat following this, well 95% following, my blood pressure, that usually was 130+/88+  was  117/77.  I cannot wait to see what is next!

I plan to start using resistance bands and then when I am less than 350 pounds I will start riding a bike again, I am so excited about that!  I have a dream to actually ride one day from Houston to Austin and then from Houston To California, where I was born. Then my ultimate goal is to cross the United States on a bike.  Hey SPARKS! Do you want to sponsor me?  J  LoL.

No comments:

Post a Comment